- 05 Sep 2020
- 1 Minute to read
Adobe Digital Editions / Dedicated eReaders
- Updated on 05 Sep 2020
- 1 Minute to read
Create an AdobeID and click on "Not a member yet? Get an Adobe ID". Skip this step if you already have an AdobeID.
Download and install Adobe Digital Editions making sure to choose the correct device
During installation, activate Adobe Digital Editions with your AdobeID created earlier. You can also do this by opening the program, clicking 'Help', and then 'Authorise Device'.
Navigate to the Koorong website and add your AdobeID in the form
Download your eBooks from the Koorong website: https://www.koorong.com/account/memberLibrary.jhtml
Open your eBooks using Adobe Digital Editions.
Using Dedicated eReaders
- Follow the steps above for setting up your Desktop Computer - PC / Mac
- Connect your eReader to your computer using the USB cable.
- Tap 'Connect' on your eReader screen.
- On your computer, go to the folder where you have downloaded your eBook’s .acsm file from the Koorong website. This will normally be the default 'Downloads' folder.
- Double-click the .acsm file. Adobe Digital Editions should launch and automatically download your eBook and open it.
- Click the library icon to switch to your library view.
- Select your new eBook and drag it to your dedicated eReader's bookshelf.
Unfortunately, Amazon has chosen a proprietary protection on their range of Kindle devices which means they are not able to display eBooks purchased through Koorong. This also extends to all other retailers who sell eBooks in the industry standard Adobe-DRM ePub file format, a move Amazon has made to ensure that you continue to go back to them to purchase your eBooks.
Our eBooks can open on any device that supports Adobe-DRM, including PCs and Macs, all the Apple products (iPad, iPhone), any Android based Smartphone or Tablet PC, and dedicated eReaders that can support the file format. Until Amazon changes the protection on their device, our eBooks would not work on their devices.